How To Draw Bigfoot/Sasquatch
The Bigfoot legend is quite common among lovers of books, movies, series, and comics that portray mystical creatures with superhuman abilities. Also known as Sasquatch, Hairy Man; Bigfoot is a crypto-zoological being that lives somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. The fascination for this being has led many people to create illustrations or sculptures of Bigfoot to pay tribute to the legend. Although many people believe in the existence of Bigfoot, scientists say there is no scientific evidence to prove such a creature does in fact exist. If you are intrigued by the Bigfoot legend and would like to learn how to draw this creature, just follow the step-by-step instructions below. The illustration will be easy for anyone to recreate even with little artistic ability. All you will need is a pencil, eraser, sketchbook or piece of paper and patience.
This is a seven easy-step by step tutorial to help you draw Bigfoot in all his glory. Having a better understanding of each step will ensure that you get a more realistic drawing. Let us get started drawing this magnificent elusive creature. Before we start, you need to make sure that you have all of the necessary stuff to help you get started. First thing, if not already in possession of them, collect the following items:
- * paper [A4 sketchbook preferably]
* pencils and pens [scraps must be absent – a sharp pencil with a spare lead as backup for your pencil is required]
* box of crayons [optional – only if you are doing thumbnails]
* colored markers [optional]
- * plain grained paper [optional – only if you are doing thumbnails]
* sketchbook [ideally A4 size, but all sizes are welcome]
* pencil sharpener [high quality one – with a spare blade to give new point to your pencils when they get blunt/dull]
Step 1: Start with the torso
Let’s have some fun (I’m sure you’ll enjoy this!) as we draw Big Foot… Draw the torso of your Bigfoot using two curved vertical lines and two horizontal lines connecting. Use a 33/4 drawing scale when drawing the torso so that the right view facing the audience is bigger than the left view.
You can then go ahead to divide the torso using two horizontal lines. The first horizontal line will highlight the collar bone region, while the second highlights the rib cage. Proceed to draw a vertical line starting at the top to the bottom, thus dividing the chest.
Understand that the right pectoral muscle should be bigger than the left according to the scale that we are using. Finally, draw a circle on the upper right of the torso and at the top of the torso. These circles should help us create a base for the right arm and head, respectively.
Step 2: Draw the pelvic area and abdomen
It would help if you drew the abdomen using two curved horizontal lines and two curved vertical lines. Connecting the lines to our already drawn torso gets you a clear base for the legs. Draw a short underwear or speedo for the pelvis area and hips.
Step 3: Draw the legs
We need to draw the right leg slightly in front of the left leg. Start by drawing a big tube that gets smaller when you approach the knees. It should then expand out at the knees and reduce gradually as you approach the ankle. Proceed to draw the feet which are human-like only bigger. Complete the legs by adding two horizontal lines on the knee of both legs. Draw a circle within the knees to get you a more realistic look.
Step 4: Draw the arms
Since we are using a ¾ scale, the right arm needs to be bigger than the left. Start big and gradually curve in once you get to the upper arm. Extend them out slightly and reduce once you approach the wrist. Ensure that you finish off by drawing clenched hands to illustrate that Bigfoot is carrying something. Draw lines to depict triceps and biceps.
Step 5: Draw the head
Draw an oval shape to create the base of our monster’s head. A medium-size description should work fine in our case. Draw a horizontal and vertical line within the head. These should help you get the facial details correctly.
Step 6: Draw body hair
We need to draw the hair strains that cover Bigfoot’s entire body. Start by creating a pattern of hair strains consisting of curved lines following the body contour. Consider placing a few single strains to help get your drawing a more believable and organic look.
Step 7: Draw the final line art
Fade out our dummy image and use what’s left to draw the final art. Understand that the dummy shouldn’t interfere with our final finish. Focus your attention on the shoulder and head areas. The other body parts need less detail with fewer contrast and lines.
If you’re interested in learning how to draw bigfoot, or any other creatures that are out there for that matter, then the Internet is a great source for you. You can use your computer to do all of your research for you, and it’s completely free. There are a lot of drawings websites that will have illustrations of the creatures you’re interested in. The thing you need to remember about these websites though, is that some of them are made up of computer-generated art, and others may not be. Computer generated art is great for certain things, but if you’re doing a cartoon you can’t always depend on it. That’s why it’s best to look for websites that have real pictures of the animal.
Keep in mind, this picture of Bigfoot is very good for beginners. The artist who created the drawing used simple shapes and lines. Even so, you can emulate her simple style of drawing while learning to create your own Bigfoot drawings. Drawing Bigfoot/Sasquatch is rather simple when you follow this simple step by step tutorial. Mastering every element ensures that you have a masterpiece drawing/Bigfoot illustration at the end. Bigfoot art/sketches can be a fun and wholesome activity for everyone of all age groups; including mom and dad!
- As with anything else, practice makes perfect, so spend some time practicing before you get started. Also, once you start learning how to draw, Sasquatch, you’ll want to find a drawing software that you can use.
- Once you have learned the basics of drawing, bigfoot, you should check out a few different websites. Make sure that you check out the tutorials, and then you should check out some of the different websites that offer this information.
- Different websites will offer a different variety of tutorials, so it’s really a matter of what you’re interested in
- Learning how to draw, big foot, or any creature is a great hobby. There are many websites out there for you to learn how too and they are free. If you’re interested in learning how to draw, Sasquatch, and want to get into it fast, you can actually just download one of the drawings from one of these websites and get started. Most people that are new to this hobby start off with the “how to draw” type websites, so you can see exactly how to do the different things that are involved with drawing.