Two Bigfoot hunters claimed they had the body of an alleged Bigfoot and planned to release a photo and what they claimed is DNA evidence at a news conference.
On July 9, 2008, Rick Dyer and Matthew Whitton posted a video on YouTube claiming that they had come across, “discovered” the corpse of a dead Sasquatch/Yeti in the woods of northern Georgia. Tom Biscardi (“Bigfoot Hunter”) was then contacted to help investigate the findings.
Dyer and Whitton received $50,000 upfront from Searching for Bigfoot, Inc., as a good faith gesture for the discovery. The account of the men’s claims was covered by many major news networks around the world, including the BBC, CNN, ABC News, and Fox News.
Here are some of the vital statistics on the “Bigfoot” body:
- The creature is seven feet seven inches tall.
- It weighs over five hundred pounds.
- The creature looks like it is part human and part ape-like.
- It is male.
- It has reddish hair and blackish-grey eyes.
- It has two arms and two legs, and five fingers on each hand and
- Five toes on each foot.
- The feet are flat and similar to human feet.
- Its footprint is sixteen and three-quarters inches long and five and three-quarters inches wide at the heel.
- From the palm of the hand to the tip of the middle finger, its hands are
- Eleven and three-quarters inches long and six and one-quarter inches wide.
- The creatures walk upright. (Several of them were sighted on the same day that the body was found.)
- The teeth are more human-like than ape-like.
- DNA tests are currently being done and the current DNA and photo evidence will be presented at the press conference on Friday, August 15th.
Shortly after the press conference, the supposed Sasquatch carcass arrived in a block of ice in a freezer with the Searching for Bigfoot team. When the contents were finally thawed, it was revealed that the hair/fur was not genuine but fake, the head was hollow, and the feet were made of rubber, it was actually a monkey/ape suit.
The Bigfoot hunters Dyer and Whitton consequently admitted it was all a big hoax after being confronted by Steve Kulls.