Sasquatch is a bigfoot-like creature described in folklore. The mythical beast is said to resemble a large, hairy human with an opposable thumb on its feet and is most often reported in the Pacific Northwest states of the United States and Canada. Although sightings of sasquatch are still recorded today, there is no proof that the creature exists outside of legend or hoax. Sasquatch encounters are strange phenomena that continue to pose a conundrum for cryptozoologists and researchers alike. While there are many eyewitness accounts of sasquatch sightings in the Pacific North West, scientific evidence that these creatures actually exist has yet to be presented, leading most to dismiss them as a myth.
However, some people subscribe to the idea that the sasquatch is a relict species of some kind. Resembling a human with an opposable thumb on its feet and weighing up to 1,000 pounds, sasquatch is usually depicted as a thickly built dark-brown hominid keeping to itself and living in remote wooded areas. Usually nocturnal, it is most active at dusk or dawn when one might potentially encounter the beast. The sasquatch is not seen too much by humans, either. The mythical animal rarely interacts with people except when defending its own territory or eating presumably.
Sasquatch encounters characteristics:
Sasquatch is popularly associated with the Canadian province of British Columbia. In addition, sasquatch encounters that are not in Canada are also known to occur throughout the United States and entire countries across Europe. In recent years, these creatures have been observed in Mexico and South America as well. Most encounters involve multiple witnesses whose first-hand experience indicates a large creature covered in hair stalking through inhabited areas at night and even digging into attics to hide out during the day.
The sightings of sasquatch encounters are known to vary from area to area, with some locations reporting a few cases while others produce over 40 sightings within a two-year period of time. Washington is home to three major sasquatch communities including Skamania, Cowlitz, and Yakima County. The Pacific Northwest also has a long history of sasquatch encounters and sightings dating back to the late 1800s.
Bigfoot encounters have been reported in every state of the United States with the exception of Hawaii. There are over 2 dozen states that have recorded at least one sasquatch encounter throughout history. In addition, at least seven countries are known to have had their own encounters with these creatures including Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Venezuela, and Ecuador. First documented in Western culture in the mid-19th century, sasquatch encounters have occurred from coast to coast and across the world, and continue to this day.
Within pop culture, sasquatch has evolved into a semi-serious icon and is perceived to have human-like qualities such as intelligence and even sensitivity. But some sasquatch encounters are known for being frightening and dangerous encounters that can cause harm or even death to those who cross paths with these creatures in the wild. Many bigfoot experts and sasquatch researchers have concluded that the encounters that do occur are not due to legends spread by native tribes, but rather are genuine events involving beings that may be the elusive creature known as the sasquatch.
These unexplained encounters have been observed in the backwoods of North America and oftentimes involve great strength or rage on behalf of the sasquatch. They take place in various climates and are often reported from areas where human activity is quite rare. Even more so, some of these encounters have been captured on video. The reports of human sightings and interactions with the sasquatch have continued to grow to this day. As technology continues to advance, there are constant new images and videos emerging from various regions in the world where encounters take place that adds credibility to the sasquatch phenomenon.
Intriguingly enough, some encounters have been reported by people who claim to have witnessed suspicious activity in the woods including the sounds of chopping or digging. While this may be a good indication that these predators are indeed trying to use the cover of night to construct a den, it is curious why there is no evidence of animal tracks. While sasquatch encounters are widely reported and documented by researchers, many people who come into contact with these mysterious beings never see them again. The stories and footage captured by researchers are often vague and sensationalistic.
A list of characteristics that are known to be present during sasquatch encounters include:
1) Bigfoot is said to be nocturnal
2) Bigfoot encounters are often times associated with a strong odor/foul stench. Usually described as rotting food/garbage mixed with wet dog. No one seems to be able to identify exactly what this odor might be, but it’s very distinctive.
3) Bigfoot is said to hunt small animals like squirrels, rabbits, and mice.
4)The elusive creatures have been known to knock over/rip up tents and sleeping bags on occasion. Probably searching for food.
5) Sasquatch has been known to produce a loud knocking sound.
6) Sasquatch has been known to knock over vehicles and break windows. Usually a result of tripping.
7) Sasquatch have been known to steal from tents, trash cans, etc.
8) Sasquatch is said to have the ability to run quite fast.
9) Sasquatch is said to have a weird, almost euphoric scream that resembles a woman’s voice.
10) Witnesses often report hearing animals in the distance during sasquatch encounters. And sometimes these sounds include those of dogs barking or deer/elk screaming and running, etc.
11) Witnesses often report hearing suspicious noises such as tree branches rubbing together, twigs snapping when there are no winds, etc.
12) Witnesses report strange lights during sasquatch encounters. These lights are often reported to be red/orange and pulsating.
13) When a person is lucky enough to survive a sasquatch encounter, they have some strange cases of folks receiving scratches, claw marks, or bruises on parts of the body not covered by their clothing, like their face, shoulders, and upper half of their back. Some have even received bite marks.
In conclusion, if you happen to encounter a bigfoot, slowly back away or make your presence known. Don’t run as they can outrun you and stand a chance of causing an accident. If you are in a group with others, make sure everyone is aware of the situation and spread out to avoid a confrontation. And like mentioned before, never try to provoke these creatures as they will take offense and will display their physical abilities which include strength and speed. For more info regarding bigfoot check out some of the books. And by all means, if you have spent any time in the woods and have had an encounter with a sasquatch, or even just know someone who has encountered one, please contact your local bigfoot research organization or send them an email. They will be happy to look into your case and may even use it for research purposes.